An Introduction

An Introduction
The Simplest Aphrodisiac

Flavours of the Month

Flavours of the Month
Rocks Urban Grill & Bar

Overseas Trips

Overseas Trips
The Reason to Travel

The A List

The A List
Featuring the Best

Streats Cafe Restaurant

15 June 2010

I've always thought that it was Streets Cafe, but just maybe perhaps the name of this particular restaurant has been tweaked a little to distinguish itself from its other non-Halal branches. Yes you read it right, Streats Cafe Restaurant located at Bukit Panjang Plaza is nowHalal-certified.

Macau Fried Rice with Chicken Chop


The Macau Fried Rice with Chicken Chop was an average dish that fills your tummy but doesn't exactly satisfy you much. I did away with the mixed vegetables because they are the worst and most boring creations in food history, thus explaining for the lack of colour to my dish. Nothing much to the rice, but at least the chicken chop was tender and the sauce was bearably sweet.

Nissin Noodle with Chicken Chop & Egg


My sister wasn't too impressed with her Nissin Noodles either, but then I'm always wondering what's the draw for anyone to order instant noodles at Hong Kong cafes.

Chicken Curry


Daddy had the Chicken Curry and I wished I had ordered that instead. I know the younger generations these days think twice about curries because of the oil and coconut milk, but then it's really a delicacy to me and I like all the different styles used to cook this dish - Malay, Chinese, Indian, and even Nonya. The curry here was fragrant and adequately thick, with tender chicken pieces and potatoes. I'll definitely order this on my return visit.

Chicken Siew Mai


Naturally, as a Halal-certified establishments, tweaks to the dishes have to be made. The Siew Mai at Streats here for instance uses chicken meat instead of the usual pork. I didn't like this all that much because I found its outer skin to be quite dry.

Deep-Fried Shanghai Dumpling


Likewise, the Shanghai Dumplings were made using chicken as well. I think these dumplings are really of an acquired taste, or maybe I'm just not used to it.

Deep-Fried Beancurd Skin with Prawns


The Deep-Fried Beancurd Skin with Prawns is a simple dish that pleases easily. Crisp on the outside, and lightly crunchy on the inside. Pity there's only three pieces to it.

Peanut Butter Thick Toast


Mummy and sister shared this and they liked it. I had a big forkful of it and I thought it was quite good, albeit terribly sinful what with all that butter, peanut butter, oil and grounded peanuts. Oh well, always good to indulge once in a while :)

Service
Good.

Price
$7.80 for the macau fried rice with chicken chop
$6.80 for the nissi noodle with chicken chop
$6.80 for the chicken curry with rice
$3.50 for the chicken siew mai
$4.50 for the deep-fried shanghai dumpling
$3.50 for the deep-fried beancurd skin with prawns
$3.80 for the peanut butter thick toast

* Prices subject to the usual 7% GST and 10% service charge.

Place
Bukit Panjang Plaza, #03-05 to 07.

Pictures taken with the Canon EOS 500D.

0 Foodie Comments:

Post a Comment

 

2009 ·*the simplest aphrodisiac by TNB | Official Singapore Food Blog.