An Introduction

An Introduction
The Simplest Aphrodisiac

Flavours of the Month

Flavours of the Month
Rocks Urban Grill & Bar

Overseas Trips

Overseas Trips
The Reason to Travel

The A List

The A List
Featuring the Best

Streets Cafe & Restaurant

19 July 2008


I've always wanted to try this place out when me and Daphne were undecided over where we should go for dinner at Raffles City, but we never did. So when my camp mates were trying to decide on a place to go for lunch in IMM, Streets seemed like the best choice, especially when it wasn't that crowded yet.

We were a pretty large group of twelve, but I'm showing you just some of the food we ordered. No ratings for those I did not taste, so just look at the pictures and maybe try to figure out how they would taste in your mouth. Haha, ready to be hungry?

Fried Beef Hor Fun: 8/10


Sylvia, one of the freshie girls, recommended this to me and being a fan of beef and kway teow (rice noodles), I certainly couldn't say no. Aside from the raw-tasting beansprouts, the noodles overall tasted good with the right amount of sauce and not too much oil. Beef was tender too. Good recommendation!

Yang Zhou Fried Rice: 6.7/10


The very standard and un-fanciful fried rice served at most Hong Kong style cafes. Nothing much to shout about haha.

Pumpkin Fries with Salted Egg Yolk: 8.3/10


I would say that these fries can be quite an acquired taste. I didn't exactly like it at first bite, but the others enjoyed it very much. The closest taste I could think of is probably sweet potatoes, but I would prefer sweet potatoes actually! Crispy and very... pumpkin-ny. I think I didn't really like the salty egg yolk bit. But Daphne insisted I give a very high rating for this (she's having a craving this very minute whilst I'm typing this)!

Mayo Fries: 8/10


I like these fries because they were value for money ($3.90 for a pretty big basket) but the name "mayo fries" can be misleading because they serve the mayo separately in a small saucer (more servings can be asked from the waitress of course). These fries are much better than the usual fast-food places because they are fatter (and thus, as my usual word - potato-ey), crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Delightful!

Shanghai Pork Chop with Rice



Macau Fried Rice with Chicken Chop



Seafood Crispy Noodles



Iced Milk Tea


Everyone's favourite =)

Service
Good. They were patient and attentive.

Price
Fried Beef Hor Fun: $7.80
Yang Zhou Fried Rice: $6.80
Pumpkin Fries with Salted Egg Yolk: $6.50
Mayo Fries: $3.90
Shanghai Pork Chop with Rice: $5.80
Macau Fried Rice with Chicken Chop: $7.80
Seafood Crispy Noodle: $7.80
Iced Milk Tea: $2.80

excluding the usual 7% GST and 10% service charge

Place
IMM Building #01-126
Also: Raffles City Shopping Centre #B1-44C

Additional Comment
Citibank card holders get 10% off total bill.

0 Foodie Comments:

Post a Comment

 

2009 ·*the simplest aphrodisiac by TNB | Official Singapore Food Blog.