An Introduction

An Introduction
The Simplest Aphrodisiac

Flavours of the Month

Flavours of the Month
Rocks Urban Grill & Bar

Overseas Trips

Overseas Trips
The Reason to Travel

The A List

The A List
Featuring the Best

Beijing, China: Forbidden City

26 December 2010


I love this picture so much I thought I should share it. I was so affected by the crowds at the Forbidden City you see, that I decided to pay the authorities an undisclosed amount to have the whole place to myself for a whole hour before sunset. The things that only money can buy.


It's a different feel altogether when you're alone in such a vast space, so full of history, culture and of course, mystery. As you walk through the courtyards and alleys there's this sense that you're being followed, or even studied, by the ancient owners, guards and maids who probably were amused by my less than regal dressing. And yet with the fullest respect that you accord to them, so would they to you.


At sunset, the Forbidden City has a unique charm of its own. A camera alone cannot fully capture the beauty of it all, as the sun rays fall gently on the bright rooftops, one-by-one. It's a lot more about feeling than trying to put everything onto a picture - what you need to do is to just stop, admire and feel.


As night drew closer, I took my leave, out to the common entrance where everyone else were gathered. Some huddled around a pushcart selling traditional Chinese sweets, no doubt buying a sweet treat or two to keep their spirits up as the cold winter evening dawned upon the city.


Me, I had a hot cup of instant Xiangyue Yuanwei Milk Tea, and it was at once refreshing, and comforting. Turning the cup, the image of S.H.E brought back memories of my secondary school and junior college days, when I was quite a fan actually. How time flies. Holding the cup in my gloved hands I walked on, further and further away from the halls of emperors.

Pictures taken with the Canon EOS 500D.

4 Foodie Comments:

red fir said...

You mean you actually did?! Paid the authorities to have the whole place to myself. Is that even possible? Haha care to disclose the amount?

S.H.E. lol. I see the link lol.

December 26, 2010 at 12:42 PM
*Harris said...

It's undisclosed, right? Haha.

December 27, 2010 at 9:05 AM
*Harris said...

P/S: To Ice, and everyone else I suppose, you know I was joking about all the undisclosed fee and er... things only money can buy right haha...

It's only because I was the last tourist out of the place... It was about 5+ if I remember, and I realised it was the perfect photo opportunity heh :)

January 1, 2011 at 3:26 PM
Anonymous said...

videos for "betting on the internet with a realtor" - Videoodl
Videos on YouTube. Find videos related to “betting on the internet youtube to mp3 320 with a realtor” in the following category: Videos, Videos, and More.

February 3, 2022 at 10:01 PM

Post a Comment

 

2009 ·*the simplest aphrodisiac by TNB | Official Singapore Food Blog.