An Introduction

An Introduction
The Simplest Aphrodisiac

Flavours of the Month

Flavours of the Month
Rocks Urban Grill & Bar

Overseas Trips

Overseas Trips
The Reason to Travel

The A List

The A List
Featuring the Best

The Line Shop @ Shangri-La Hotel

26 April 2010


I've always wanted to try the cakes at The Line Shop at Shangri-La Hotel, but seemed to have kept putting that off because of its inaccessibility (I know, I'm lazy to walk sometimes). It was a really good thing then that I had to attend a seminar at Shangri-La last week, since the opportunity finally came for me to indulge in some sweet treats for the afternoon. The Line Shop is located close to The Line, Shangri-La's international cuisine restaurant, and has a few seats for dine-in.

Maronnier


I know that the chocolate truffle cake is one of the highly recommended cakes at The Line Shop, but this interesting addition to its array of cakes was something that got my attention. The Maronnier is a really "nutty" cake, chockful of nuts especially along its crunchy base, while the rest of it is made up of layers of caramel, slivers of chocolate and thin portions of sponge. Pretty good, something I personally like.

Tiramisu


I like the design of this Tiramisu cake, and it's certainly not too bad in my opinion. It's really moist with the strong flavour of chocolate and coffee, though the hint of liquer was just too light, if it could be tasted at all.

Service
Very good.

Price
$6.75 each

* Prices subject to 7% GST and 10% service charge for dine-in.

Place
Shangri-La Hotel. Lower Lobby, Tower Wing.

Pictures taken with the Canon Ixus 80 IS.

8 Foodie Comments:

XinLi29288 said...

ahaha the Tiramisu looked like some UFO crash-landed on a pyramid.

April 26, 2010 at 2:40 PM
HungryTrotters said...

You had 2 cakes? :D

April 26, 2010 at 5:13 PM
*Harris said...

XinLi: LOL. That's a very interesting look at it. Looks like it too haha!

Loraine: Yeap, two! They aren't thaaat big - don't think of me as a glutton hahaha ;)

April 26, 2010 at 7:29 PM
HungryTrotters said...

Amazing! Hope the waiters were not shocked :) Hahaha

April 26, 2010 at 10:35 PM
*Harris said...

they weren't haha... maybe if three, then they would raise an eyebrow or two haha... wearing a suit and eating too many cakes is not very appealing!

April 26, 2010 at 11:46 PM
Fen said...

Have been curious what is a Maronnier after your post on my cbox. That looks like a variant of an opera.

Actually The Line Shop has The Line Cake... Probably Chocolate Truffle was their best seller.

By the way, did you happen to see Passionfruit cheesecake during your visit? It seems that they have discontinued a couple of bakes on their shelf.

April 26, 2010 at 11:58 PM
Anonymous said...

omg the maronnier looks AWESOME. - helen

April 27, 2010 at 1:36 AM
*Harris said...

Fen: Yeap I saw the Line Cake, and the Truffle too! Somehow the Maronnier just attracted me a bit more, since the Tiramisu I'm having is already quite mousse-like. I so wanna return to Shangri-La and try everything else, pity they don't sell the lemon meringues already.

Helen: If you like things nutty, chunky with that bit of caramel (like Snickers) you'd like this quite a bit. I do! :)

April 27, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Post a Comment

 

2009 ·*the simplest aphrodisiac by TNB | Official Singapore Food Blog.