An Introduction

An Introduction
The Simplest Aphrodisiac

Flavours of the Month

Flavours of the Month
Rocks Urban Grill & Bar

Overseas Trips

Overseas Trips
The Reason to Travel

The A List

The A List
Featuring the Best

Octa Hotel

02 August 2010


I first heard about Octa Hotel from one of my favourite blogs, Singapura Makan Photo, and I thought its antique Parisian concept was quite interesting and definitely something worth a look. Coincidentally, I was looking for a dinner venue recently for a sweet, girly friend of mine and I realised this place seemed like a good fit.


Part café and part shop, Octa Hotel gives you the opportunity to do a little shopping for gifts whilst waiting for your food and drinks. The menu here isn't extensive but decent enough for a satisfying lunch or teatime break. Of course, we were here for dinner, and so convinced ourselves that sandwiches would be a healthy change for... a day haha. We were actually quite intent on ordering the delightful-looking parfaits but these turned out to be out by nine. Another time then!


For most of it, the interior decor of Octa Hotel is simple, with brief, quaint touches of old Paris (or rather, a Japanese take on it). The peaceful setting here is perfect for intimate conversations over a cup of tea. Or a sweet parfait of course.

Parisian Hot Dog


In terms of food, Octa Hotel did not seem to impress me as much, or at least as far as what I'd ordered. I had expected a larger hot dog, but I realised that it was made to look large and long when it was actually an empty bun in the middle. Hmmm...


The bread was overdone, so overdone it was difficult to slice it cleanly with a knife. A bit too crispy like a biscuit if you ask me.


The sausage and cheese were alright, so were the chips. But in its entirety it was not as good as I thought it would be.

Grilled Bacon Sandwich


Jasmine's sandwich on the other hand looked really healthy indeed. It's not the kind you would ever find me eating but she seemed to enjoy it and that's good enough for me.


I was actually quite envious of her soft bread, as compared to my crusty over-toasted bun ha! I guess we were both disappointed that we couldn't try the parfaits, both the chocolate and strawberry ones. While we sure did enjoy our MOF desserts thereafter, there's still that lingering yearning for those pretty parfaits from Octa Hotel... Next time, next time...

Service
Very good.

Price
$12.90 for the Parisian Hot Dog
$13.90 for the Grilled Bacon Sandwich

* Prices subject to the usual 7% GST and 10% service charge.

Place
Parco Marina Bay, #P1-39,
Connected to Millenia Walk.

Pictures taken with the Canon EOS 500D.

4 Foodie Comments:

Angeline said...

It is quite expensive for such a simple sandwich ya? I think I saw from ice's blog before on the dessert parfait and it looks promising. Perhaps next time I'll just try out the parfaits at octa. haha

August 2, 2010 at 4:55 PM
HungryTrotters said...

I've seen Octa at Parco and love the ambiance. But we neve went back to try it...thanks for your post. At least we have an idea now :)

August 2, 2010 at 5:10 PM
Unknown said...

Wow Nice information...we people love for Service in Hotel...we always want very good service...Thanks

August 2, 2010 at 6:39 PM
*Harris said...

Angeline: Yeah pricey, Cedele's sandwiches wins hands down! But pretty place la...

Lorraine: Thanks to your posts, I just want to visit Europeeeeeeeee again and again and again!

Cypress: You sound like a bot, I think you are a bot. Good for you that you always want very good service....................................................

August 2, 2010 at 10:09 PM

Post a Comment

 

2009 ·*the simplest aphrodisiac by TNB | Official Singapore Food Blog.