An Introduction

An Introduction
The Simplest Aphrodisiac

Flavours of the Month

Flavours of the Month
Rocks Urban Grill & Bar

Overseas Trips

Overseas Trips
The Reason to Travel

The A List

The A List
Featuring the Best

A Short Note

29 August 2010

This is my one and only statement on the issue that I have found myself embroiled in. Like many of you, my own opinion had been formed based on what I was told, and I had voiced it through a personal albeit public domain. To that effect, I rejected requests for interviews because this was purely my own expressions in my own space. Some have made out my expressions to appear obsessive, but then anything would appear to be so if you take out everything in the middle.

I will not rehash the debate by defending my case through a point-by-point rebuttal of each "fact" that has been put forth. Engaging in a battle on which side is correct is, was and has never been, my intention. However, in the course of the debate, I have found that labels have been attached to me with regards to the integrity of my words. The interpretation of my stand with regards to private invites has been misconstrued and presented in a manner which is dissimilar from what I believe in, both in terms of invited sessions and to the implications of this saga. You might already have known how the cynicism has started (link), so there is no need for me to get into a long spiel now. There was also no ties to be severed if there weren't much of any to begin with.

I shall let my past words and the genuine relationships with my friends and family defend the integrity of myself and this blog today. I blog because I want to share my interest in food, not because I think I am deserving or entitled to anything free or exclusive. I have never seen myself as a gourmet of the highest order, and neither should I be treated any differently from any one of you out there just because I have a DSLR camera and a blog.

Whether you choose to believe in me, or not, is entirely up to you.

15 Foodie Comments:

Anonymous said...

never let anything get in the way with your passion for this blog!

cheers and I look forward to more posts (:

August 29, 2010 at 4:11 PM
Jer Lin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pet said...

Hey. Just wanted to let you know that I'm behind you in this too.

Don't let this episode get to you. And yup. Agree that you should blog about whatever you think as long as you stand by your words. It's your blog after all. I believe your readers are discerning enough to decide what to read/believe.

(On a side note, it's bewildering how many people follow plastic blonde bimbo's blog. Is it like their daily dose of LOL medicine? Hmmm...)

August 29, 2010 at 7:13 PM
Anonymous said...

I second Pet! =)

August 29, 2010 at 7:47 PM
Rebecca said...

I always believed in ya! No worries man. :)

And yes I agree with Pet on her last statement... :p

August 29, 2010 at 7:52 PM
Daphne Koh said...

You have my support for this blog since the day you/we started it! No doubt about that! :) And don't be too affected by this incident because like I've said, I'll always be Here for you! :) smile, my favourite food blogger! :)
-Dap

August 29, 2010 at 8:14 PM
Jer Lin said...

i've never doubted your reviews! agree with Pet too!

August 30, 2010 at 12:17 AM
Anonymous said...

oh dear.. what happened?
i like reading your posts because you give your genuine opinion. of course, food is a very subjective matter and not everyone agrees, but this is your blog and you're definitely entitled to your opinion. i hope things work out!

August 30, 2010 at 1:15 AM
Unknown said...

Haters will always hate. Whether it is a guy shamelessly hiding behind his much shorter female friend (he really must be a small man to accomplish that) while she openly condemns anything and everything who purportedly offended his 'manly' pride to the wider online community who hate credit card tossers, hate can never be dispersed.

You can choose to meet hate with equal vigor, but I salute your choice not to stoop that low.

Carry on doing what you do best, with impartiality and confidence and style. Know that there are many out there who observe quietly the theatrics and antics being performed by people who obviously have a bit too much free time; and that these silent ones all know who the real winners and losers are.

August 30, 2010 at 2:07 PM
HungryTrotters said...

I'm still a fan, and forever a fan! :) You know my side Harris! Take care!

August 31, 2010 at 5:41 AM
TING said...

dont worry. from the way you blog, one could tell that you are really sincere & genuine in sharing reviews on food because you are passionate about it unlike some people who are only driven by monetary or other forms of rewards. will definitely support you.

August 31, 2010 at 4:50 PM
dot. said...

HARRISSSS why has there been so much drama??? D: I'm behind you, anyways! Everything just seems quite sillyyy.

August 31, 2010 at 9:14 PM
*Harris said...

to everyone who commented here: thank you! :)

i'm touched by all the kind words really, and i'm also heartened to know that there are people out there who can see through all that fluff, guilt and vulgarity.

with that behind us, let's keep eating to our heart and tummies' content!

cheers all~

August 31, 2010 at 9:55 PM
Sept21 said...

I have always been a silent reader of your blog. But today I must comment! As your readers I am sure we kinda got to understand you and your personality by the way you blog. A quote really will sums it all, "those who mind don't matter, those who matter don't mind" Jiayou Harris! :)

September 1, 2010 at 8:30 PM
*Harris said...

Sept 21, thank you! Like the quote too by the way :)

September 5, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Post a Comment

 

2009 ·*the simplest aphrodisiac by TNB | Official Singapore Food Blog.