An Introduction

An Introduction
The Simplest Aphrodisiac

Flavours of the Month

Flavours of the Month
Rocks Urban Grill & Bar

Overseas Trips

Overseas Trips
The Reason to Travel

The A List

The A List
Featuring the Best

Flying with EK: MXP-DXB, DXB-SIN

05 July 2010


As my Italy series comes to a close, here's one last post from the trip, featuring the food that I had on board Emirates. It's been a while since I've flown on a major carrier and I was naturally quite excited about what I'd be served. I know, for many of you it would be the in-flight entertainment that you'd be more concerned about, but I'm just ... greedy and hungry me I guess! You'd probably be seeing quite a bit of posts on "airline food" in future actually, since I'd be flying quite often in the course of my work. While it's almost always on SQ, there's always a chance for other airlines I'm sure.

Roasted Chicken Fillet
Roasted chicken breast fillet, topped with arrabbiata sauce, served with mashed potatoes and Mediterranean style sautéed vegetables


You can't ask for a fuller meal, what with coffee, soft drinks, wine and even chocolate bars accompanying this as well. It's decent enough food, and I especially liked the chocolate cake that was served as dessert (top left). Food served on board Emirates is Halal, so don't expect to find anything that contains pork or lard here. There's also a seafood menu that I found quite interesting and it's definitely something that I would be tempted to try in future.

Breaded White Fish Fillet
With a creamy red pepper sauce, dill flavoured mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables




Nothing spectacular about the breaded fish fillet, but then it's still commendable given that this is served on an airplane. Again, I liked the dessert more: Tiramisu that was moist and creamy with a good mix of chocolate and coffee. Delightful indeed.


And that sums up my Italy grad trip, which is very much illustrated by food, food, and more food! If you're interested to see pictures of the holiday itself you could always add me on Facebook, though do let me know you got the link from this blog, just so that I wouldn't think you're a spammer or something.

More delicious food from Singapore coming right up, before we head to Kuala Lumpur for another stretch of gastronomic treats from overseas. I'd also be heading up to Vietnam soon for a couple of weeks, for work and not play of course, but I'd see if it's appropriate for me to whip out my compact camera and snap some picture of my eats. Till then, have a good week ahead :)

Pictures taken with the Canon EOS 500D.

6 Foodie Comments:

XinLi29288 said...

I like the plane ceiling.
I wish I could have a job that has bit of travelling after uni.

July 5, 2010 at 11:13 PM
Anonymous said...

okay, i'm definitely adding you on facebook!

i want to see italy photos, I MISS ITALY SO MUCH. When i retire, i am going to live in siena :D ( provided i have the $)

July 6, 2010 at 12:03 AM
*Harris said...

Xinli: start aiming, start interning, start applying :) remember, bit is better than too much/all the time, because you are likely to get tired of it.

Oysterdiaries: i've some pple adding me on fb already, are you one of them?

July 7, 2010 at 12:09 AM
Anonymous said...

yesyes xD

You added me alrd and your photos are lovely btw!

July 9, 2010 at 12:08 AM
*Harris said...

Oysterdiaries: Thanks! :) but... Which one of the people I've added is you???

July 9, 2010 at 11:41 PM
Anonymous said...

Haha, my name is rachel ong. I hope i'm the only rachel ong x.x seriously, there are too many rachels on this planet

July 12, 2010 at 11:25 PM

Post a Comment

 

2009 ·*the simplest aphrodisiac by TNB | Official Singapore Food Blog.