An Introduction

An Introduction
The Simplest Aphrodisiac

Flavours of the Month

Flavours of the Month
Rocks Urban Grill & Bar

Overseas Trips

Overseas Trips
The Reason to Travel

The A List

The A List
Featuring the Best

Sugar Granny Cafe II

28 July 2010


Desserts. It's a bad habit, but how can you fault anyone who just love sweet endings? Dinner at Bonifacio was great and we were in the mood for something cool and refreshing to cap off our little meeting of three. There weren't many cafes or restaurants around that were open by the time we were done with our dinner, and so we decided to settle on something simple - Sugar Granny Cafe.

Peanut Paste


My sinful indulgence for the night, and I enjoyed every spoonful of it. The paste was smooth and sufficiently thick without being sore-throat-inducing. I liked the way it warms me up inside, very nice and fuzzy.

Slim Chendol


I initially wanted a cup of coffee, but this item on the menu caught my eye - Slim Chendol? How can chendol ever be non-fattening? Seeing that it was the perfect excuse to act ignorant and fall for the gimmick, I ordered it ha! Not surprisingly it turned out typically sweet and milky and there's no way this would have been any healthier than the not-so-slim chendol. Still, minus the health concerns, this makes for a good sweet treat.

Mango Sago


Xinli's choice of dessert - simple, fresh, smooth and refreshing. Nice.

Sugar Granny Icy Swirl


Lorraine's drink for the night. It's supposed to be a specialty but I guess it didn't quite live up to the hype. It's a passion-fruit drink with lots of nata de coco and aloe vera bits in it, though the plus point really is that you have fresh fruit pieces in the drink as well. I think Lorraine enjoyed it quite a bit.

Hope you're having a good time in the Netherlands Lorraine! This affable blogger has migrated to the land of tulips and windmills (lucky you!) and I do hope our paths will cross again, one day. Take care ya! :)

Service
Very good, though slight language barrier with a couple of the waitresses.

Price
$3.00 for the peanut paste
$2.80 for the slim chendol
$3.50 for the mango sago
$2.50 for the sugar granny icy swirl

Place
5 Teo Hong Road,
Near Outram Park NEL Station.

Additional Comment
1. No GST and service charge.
2. No main courses on the menu.
3. Opening hours: Sun–Thu 1pm – 11pm, Fri–Sat 1pm – 1am.

Pictures taken with the Canon EOS 500D.

8 Foodie Comments:

lazyafternoon said...

Hello there! You should try their durian sago! <3

July 28, 2010 at 3:29 PM
HungryTrotters said...

Yehey idol Harris! You're updating your blog more often...glad you blogged about Sugar Granny...makes me miss you and Xinli and our chit chats. Same here, I wish we can meet up...and maybe join GY in a world summit somewhere in EU? I'll fly there to meet you personally :) Take care too Harris..don't work too much...:)

July 28, 2010 at 4:43 PM
*Harris said...

Jessie: Hello there Jessie! Sure, I'd bring my mum there again for the durian sago. She likes durian, but I don't haha! Speaking of durians, you might want to try the durian ice-cream at BLIC, it's highly recommended! :)

Lorraine: Hello Lorraine! I miss those chats too, really sad that we could only meet twice before you had to leave... I guess I can only go to Europe whilst on holiday since I cover ASN-China/ROK and not EU... You take care too yeah, I'm so envious at all the delicious-looking food that you're indulging in!

July 28, 2010 at 8:24 PM
XinLi29288 said...

sweet memorable moments =)
a joint holiday to Europe perhaps? heh

July 28, 2010 at 9:08 PM
Angeline said...

I love your shot on the Slim Chendol. haha. I don't usually drink chendol because of the slimy, slippery jelly. lol
You should give durian a few more try. Maybe you'll fall in love with it? hehe:P

July 28, 2010 at 9:20 PM
HungryTrotters said...

yes Xinli...i'm definitely ok with that idea! :)

July 30, 2010 at 3:26 AM
*Harris said...

Angeline: (on durian) no, i doubt it haha!

XinLi & Lorraine: Next year? Hahahaha... I only have so much leaveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

July 31, 2010 at 11:46 AM
Singaporefoodlover said...

ate here, place is quite nice

August 13, 2010 at 9:58 PM

Post a Comment

 

2009 ·*the simplest aphrodisiac by TNB | Official Singapore Food Blog.