An Introduction

An Introduction
The Simplest Aphrodisiac

Flavours of the Month

Flavours of the Month
Rocks Urban Grill & Bar

Overseas Trips

Overseas Trips
The Reason to Travel

The A List

The A List
Featuring the Best

Privé Bakery & Cafe

26 March 2009


Daphne brought me here for dessert and I have to say it was a very good choice. It wasn't very crowded on a Wednesday night, and we had part of the cafe all to ourselves. I've read all about Privé on Ladyironchef, which I have to say is the best food blog in Singapore (beautiful pictures and nicely written food reviews) and which I read quite regularly myself. So I was delighted to hear that this was where Daphne was bringing me (she point, I drive) and it was a nice place to wrap up a simply lovely birthday.


Privé is divided into three parts - the restaurant, the bar, and the cafe. It offers al-fresco dining with a good view of the yacht bay and bridge, with soft music playing in the background to calm your nerves as you enjoy your food and drinks. The seating outside did look really comfy (see "Waterfront Bar" in Prive's website here), but so was the interior with its cushion seats on the sides.


If you're looking for a new chill-out place that's away from the bustle of the city and would give you a quieter atmosphere just perfect for conversations, Privé may just be the next best place for that.

Espresso Macchiato


I wanted something to freshen me up, so there you go!

Frangelico Ice-Cream Profiteroles: 8.8/10


The last time I had profiteroles was at Au Petit Salut Bistro at Holland Village, and those weren't exactly impressive. These profiteroles from Privé however were simply delightful, simply because they had all the things I like - well-baked pastry, ice-cream, caramelised nuts and (special Vairhona) chocolate sauce. I'd say it again: this dessert is simply delightful!

Rich Chocolate Cake: 8/10


Daphne: "I think the chocolate cake is really rich, but it goes very well with the crispy chocolate ball bits.. Definitely satisfying with every forkful!"

Service
Excellent, friendly and attentive.

Price
$4.20 for the espresso macchiato
$10.00 for the frangelico profiteroles
$6.80 for a slice of the rich chocolate cake

*Prices subject to the usual 7% GST and 10% service chrage.

Place
2 Keppel Bay Vista; Marina at Keppel Bay
Near Keppel Bay Tower. Entrance before and beside The Casuarina Condo at Keppel Bay.

Additional Comments
Operating Hours: 9am to midnight (last order 11pm)

3 Foodie Comments:

Pearl said...

wow! what a pretty restaurant!

March 27, 2009 at 12:14 AM
Unknown said...

wow Harris, I'm really flattered by your best food blog in Singapore compliment. Thanks! But i think I'm really still far from it, there's always room for improvement :)

next time try Prive for brunch! hahaha i been there twice, and i think i will continue going back

cheers
Brad (ladyironchef)

March 27, 2009 at 8:39 AM
*Harris said...

Pearl: Yeap, pretty ain't it. Very serene too.

LIC: Brunch sounds like a good idea, those pictures you put up look very enticing indeed ;)

March 28, 2009 at 10:35 AM

Post a Comment

 

2009 ·*the simplest aphrodisiac by TNB | Official Singapore Food Blog.