An Introduction

An Introduction
The Simplest Aphrodisiac

Flavours of the Month

Flavours of the Month
Rocks Urban Grill & Bar

Overseas Trips

Overseas Trips
The Reason to Travel

The A List

The A List
Featuring the Best

Berrylite

17 May 2010


Since we've been on a roll with ice-creams so far, perhaps I'd take time to talk about this particular "yogurt" that I tried at Iluma Shopping Centre not too long ago. I say "yogurt" because I can't possibly imagine how something so terribly terribly (artificially) sweet can ever be called "yogurt", because the last time I checked, yogurts are usually less icy and more... sour. Definitely not this sweet. It was like eating a pack of iced sugars!

Peach Mango Yogurt with Fruity Pebbles Topping


Interestingly, the fruity pebble toppings was a much welcomed addition because it actually helped to reduce the sweetness of the yogurt. I'm still amazed at how various yogurt boutiques have sprung up offering healthier alternatives to ice-creams when they don't seem too healthy themselves. My advice is, stick to ice-creams (yeap, since you're already "sinning", might as well go all the way) or settle for the more satisfying Yami Yogurt, still one of the decent yogurt classics in Singapore.

Service
Good, friendly and cheery.

Price
$3.60 for a cup of peach-mango yogurt
$0.90 for fruity pebble topping

Place
Iluma At Bugis, #04-02.

Pictures taken with the Canon Ixus 80 IS.

4 Foodie Comments:

red fir said...

Don't get me started. This abomination did not even warrant a place on my ALTP list.

May 17, 2010 at 3:31 PM
Angeline said...

Try yogurt place's plain greek yogurt. It's my favourite especially with the granola. Overly sweet frozen yogurt are all out of my list now :)

May 17, 2010 at 10:11 PM
*Harris said...

yeah no more sweet frozen yogurt... other than yami which is still bearable. check ice's blog, there's one that she really likes recently...

May 18, 2010 at 11:31 PM
anne said...

Hi, im a fan of berrylite and im sad to tell you that you just fell prey to probably the worst flavour berrylite has ever churned out! You should really try the original flavour of berrylite with the honeyballs + lychee + q balls. Thats my favourite combination! I was forced to try the peach mango that day as well because the service staff told me they were trying out this fruits galore scheme where they actually REPLACED the original flavour but dont worry i was told the original would be back next week.

You shld really give the original flavour a try and maybe you'll change your mind abt berrylite. Another really good flavour is Eurotart ;)

Cheers!enjoy your blog :)

August 5, 2010 at 6:29 PM

Post a Comment

 

2009 ·*the simplest aphrodisiac by TNB | Official Singapore Food Blog.