An Introduction

An Introduction
The Simplest Aphrodisiac

Flavours of the Month

Flavours of the Month
Rocks Urban Grill & Bar

Overseas Trips

Overseas Trips
The Reason to Travel

The A List

The A List
Featuring the Best

Tambuah Mas II

19 October 2008


When I was young, I remember my parents used to take me and my younger sisters to Sanur Indonesian restaurant for dinner, though that restaurant hasn't been able to shine much in recent years. I don't even know if it's still around at Causeway Point or Ngee Ann City. I like to think however, that Tambuah Mas has done a pretty decent job taking its place, and it's beginning to be one of me and the girlfriend's "place to go" whenever we are craving Indonesian food. You can read more about our previous experience here.

Appetiser


Bitter sort of Indonesian crackers which the girlfriend enjoyed very much. I helped myself to the crispy peanuts, munching happily away. We thought this is complimentary though, but it came up to $1.50.

Tahu Telor: 8.3/10


Tahu Telor is something like fried tofu in egg batter (hence tahu=toufu, telor=egg) and it's one of the most popular Indonesian dishes here in Singapore. Our main motivation for coming back to Tambuah Mas is this very dish. Whether or not we were hungrier than before, the tahu telor tasted even better, more crispy on the outside, but thick with soft tofu inside. Yums!

Ayam Korma: 7.5/10


I found this to be pretty good, though it would have been better if the gravy was thicker, as it is at a lot of Malay stalls. Nonetheless, it went very well with my "nasi kuning" ("yellow rice", which is coloured glutinous rice). Chicken was very fresh and tender too.

Sambal Kangkong: 8/10


This is our staple dish I realised. Spicily good.

Service
Very polite and attentive. In contrast to the increasing number of restaurants that charge for iced water, the staff here seem more than willing to serve us water, coming frequently to refill our glasses. And oh, rice is on free refill too, and they keep asking me if I had wanted more (even after my second helping!). Thumbs up.

Price
$6.50 for the ayam korma
$7.00 for the tahu telor
$7.00 for the sambal kangkong
$1.00 for white rice (free-flow)
$2.00 for yellow rice (free-flow)
$1.50 for the titbits

Prices subject to the usual 7% GST and 10% service charge.

Place
#02-04 Marina Square
Also: Paragon Centre and Tanglin Shopping Centre
Website: www.tambuahmas.com.sg

0 Foodie Comments:

Post a Comment

 

2009 ·*the simplest aphrodisiac by TNB | Official Singapore Food Blog.