An Introduction

An Introduction
The Simplest Aphrodisiac

Flavours of the Month

Flavours of the Month
Rocks Urban Grill & Bar

Overseas Trips

Overseas Trips
The Reason to Travel

The A List

The A List
Featuring the Best

Cold Rock Ice Creamery

03 October 2008


Cold Rock Ice Creamery was the first of three food places for my special birthday celebration for Daphne, the other two being Barnacles Restaurant at Rasa Sentosa Shangri-La and PS Cafe at Orchard Palais. It's all part of this "event" that I planned and it is called Project Cookie Love!


I chose Cold Rock because I know they have very good ice-cream here, and also because I only wanted us to have something light before dinner. And since it was so scorching hot outside, you can imagine how heavenly it felt having the smooth cold ice-cream sliding down our throats. Simple lovely =)


Like all the "boutique" ice-cream parlours springing up across the island, Cold Rock is no different in having its very own set of unique or house flavours, ranging from Ferrero chocolate to honeycomb to bubblegum. Cold rock ice-cream is really just a way of mixing the different selected flavours of ice-cream with the chosen toppings on a cold slab of rock (although it looks pretty metallic to me) so that you get a real mix of taste rather than eating separate scoops of ice-cream.

Mix One: Dark Chocolate + Honeycomb + Maltesers + Mini M&Ms


I think we got exactly what we wanted on try number one. Real chocolatey taste mixed with the sweet milkiness of honeycomb ice-cream, further enhanced with crispy maltesers and sweet M&Ms. A delightful combination that made us decide on getting another cup to share!

Mix Two: Cookies and Cream + Honeycomb + Violet Crumble


Of course, we wanted to try something a little different, but I was extremely convinced that it was the honeycomb that contributed to the smooth sweetness to our previous mix. This time I chose Violet Crumble chocolate as our topping, which Daphne approved very much.

So, which Mix was our favourite???

The winner is none other than...

Mix One: Dark Chocolate + Honeycomb + Maltesers + Mini M&Ms with a fantastic score of 9.5/10!

This simply trashes the disappointing Marvelous Cream ice creamery at Raffles City Link. I think I will only eat ice-cream either from Cold Rock Ice-Creamery or Ben & Jerry's from now on hahaha. Oh gee, although I'm typing this at such a late hour, I'm so having an ice-cream craving now heh!

Of course, our mix is our personal favourite but feel free to try out as many flavours and combinations as you like, especially since there's so much to choose from, both ice-cream and toppings.

Service
Good.

Price
$6.50 for a regular sized cup (two scoops)
$1.00 for each topping
$1.00 for a bottle of mineral water

Place
24A Lorong Mambong
Holland Village

4 Foodie Comments:

Fen said...

I have passed by this place several times but have never enter this place. From your description, I think I will just drop by one of these evenings...

Wow, when you mentioned about planned celebrations for your gf. It seems like you know her taste buds so well and make sure she gets her favourite food all the time... That is really sweet of you. No wonder she looks so cheerful in all the photos posted :)

November 17, 2008 at 9:22 AM
*Harris said...

Heya Fen,

Haha thank you thank you. It wasn't easy trying to find places that we hadn't gone (and still be easy on the pocket heh).

You should try PS Cafe! Heard the: Sticky date cake drowned in caramel sauce with vanilla icecream ($12.90) is quite good!

I'm bookmarking your blog, awesome looking desserts indeed. =)

November 17, 2008 at 2:10 PM
Fen said...

Actually when I first started the blog, I have not much intention to try out new places but as more and more readers come by, I felt the stress of looking for new places. Moreover, there are so many good food blogs around... Lucky I am only doing cakes and desserts...

I have heard of PS cafe, read mixes reviews about it. Have yet to try the double chocolate blackout as featured on the 50 yummiest cakes.

Of course, thank you for your compliment, do let me know if you come across any good cakes or desserts =)

November 17, 2008 at 5:07 PM
*Harris said...

I know what you mean!!!

It's not exactly stress per se, but you're more concerned about what you eat and if it's "blog-worthy". This sometimes happens, especially when I want to return to some place and eat the same good stuff, only for me to remind myself that I should try somthing else instead for the blog haha.

I don't blog often now because it's exams, but I'll go food hunting in December for sure! =)

November 17, 2008 at 9:42 PM

Post a Comment

 

2009 ·*the simplest aphrodisiac by TNB | Official Singapore Food Blog.