An Introduction

An Introduction
The Simplest Aphrodisiac

Flavours of the Month

Flavours of the Month
Rocks Urban Grill & Bar

Overseas Trips

Overseas Trips
The Reason to Travel

The A List

The A List
Featuring the Best

Coffee Club

12 January 2010


As far as I can remember, I've never really eaten anything from Coffee Club before, except for its signature Muddy Mud Pie which I adore very much. Other than that, it has always been for the teatime (or evening time) drinks as an accompaniment to friendly conversations. This time was still no different, we were here just to sit around for a chat or two, but to keep it going we naturally got little somethings to munch away as well.

Hazelnut Caramel Tart (above): 4.5/5
I admit that I enjoyed the hazelnut caramel tart more than others would, but the layer of sweet caramel amidst chocolate powder and a mix of dark and milk chocolate underneath wins my vote anytime. I must also add that there's more of them hazelnuts in the tart for that extra crunch. If this came warmer with a slightly thicker (perhaps less bland-tasting) biscuit crust, I would love it even more.

Grilled Cajun Chicken Salad


Elaine picked the salad because it looked "pretty" and "colourful" on the menu, and I kinda agree with the "colourful" bit. Of course, you will never find me eating a salad, not something a carnivore like me would say yes to, but I'm sure most girls simply love their salads.

Cappuccino


And of course, if you're here at Coffee Club, have some coffee to perk you up :)

Service
Contrary to Hungrygowhere reviews, the service here is actually quite good and they refilled our glasses with iced water pretty frequently.

Price
$4.20 for the hazelnut caramel tart
$10.50 for the grilled cajun chicken salad
$5.50 for a cup of cappuccinno

* Prices subject to the usual 7% GST and 10% service charge.

Place
Raffles City Shopping Centre, #03-30/30A.

Pictures taken with the Canon EOS 500D.

2 Foodie Comments:

Unknown said...

Colleagues and I usually go to Coffee Club for the Mud Pie too!

(we usually tend to eat elsewhere first. we always forgot there's food there)

January 13, 2010 at 2:40 PM
*Harris said...

I know! I always read your blog and I think you've covered almost all of the desserts at the Holland V branch! :)

January 13, 2010 at 2:43 PM

Post a Comment

 

2009 ·*the simplest aphrodisiac by TNB | Official Singapore Food Blog.