An Introduction

An Introduction
The Simplest Aphrodisiac

Flavours of the Month

Flavours of the Month
Rocks Urban Grill & Bar

Overseas Trips

Overseas Trips
The Reason to Travel

The A List

The A List
Featuring the Best

Casa Verde

20 January 2010


Last year, brunch wasn't much of a habit for me, but this January alone I would have eaten at least four brunches, with many more appointments and places to visit lined up for the next few months. So much for dieting! I often wonder why people like brunches though, I mean yes I do love a good brunch, but just an hour later and you would probably find yourself all lazy and craving for a good afternoon nap. Well, some people say, always find time to pamper yourself :)

Corned Beef with Toast: 3.25/5


Not all brunch meals can satisfy you completely though. The toast and hashbrown was terribly plain and boring, while the egg was overdone. The saving grace was the corned beef, which was served warm and had an appetising spiciness to it.

Cinnamon French Toasts: 3.5/5


I preferred the french toasts, though it would have been better if the cinnamon flavour was more distinct and there were more sweet strawberries to it. Drench it stylishly with delicious maple syrup!

Casa Verde is from the reputable Les Amis group but somehow it didn't impress much here, and I felt it was quite over-priced too. I had a far better brunch recently, and since we're on the topic of brunch anyway I might as well blog about it tomorrow. Once again, stay tuned for that review, coming up within the next 24hours! (Review on Spruce available here.)

Service
Good.

Price
$8.50 for the cinnamon french toasts
$10.50 for the corned beef with toast

Place
Botanic Gardens.

Pictures taken with the Canon EOS 500D.

2 Foodie Comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there Harris! I'm not sure about the other items, but Casa Verde does their pizzas really pretty well, if you haven't tried them before! That's what I always go to Casa Verde for :) May want to give it a shot another time! :)

January 20, 2010 at 11:43 PM
*Harris said...

Hey there, thanks for dropping by :)

You are right actually, I've been hearing quite a bit from my peers (after they read the brunch post) that the pizza there is good! Yes, would definitely give it a try soon!

January 21, 2010 at 10:24 AM

Post a Comment

 

2009 ·*the simplest aphrodisiac by TNB | Official Singapore Food Blog.