An Introduction

An Introduction
The Simplest Aphrodisiac

Flavours of the Month

Flavours of the Month
Rocks Urban Grill & Bar

Overseas Trips

Overseas Trips
The Reason to Travel

The A List

The A List
Featuring the Best

Laurent Bernard Chocolatier

06 January 2010


What's a trip to Robertson Quay without a visit to Laurent Bernard? For a chocolate lover like me, that would be pretty aimless actually! I do wish sometimes that I could enjoy my dessert in the comfort of the café, but the "no photography" policy on its premises has kept me out. For now, my delicious treat and camera can only stare defiantly at Laurent Bernard from afar, as seen from the light green tent in the distance.


Holding this box in my hand was like holding a casing containing the Holy Grail. I kid you not. I've been wanting to eat this lovely little slice of heaven for a very long time. And finally, the moment has arrived.

Chocolate Tart: 5/5


Indeed, it was perfect, and judging by its contents, it could very well be used as an aphrodisiac. Cake, tart, whatever you want to call it - this is the best of its kind that I've eaten so far. Of course, while the hazelnut-chocolate praline cakes like those from 1 Caramel and Checkers Deli are more spongy, as a tart, this one is more crisp and crunchy with three layers of distinctive tastes and textures. And what made this chocolate tart a wonder really is its deliciously smooth dark chocolate. Oh so good.

It has taken me a long time to find my one true love, but I'm happy to have finally found it.

Price
$7.30, incl. GST.

Place
The Pier at Robertson Quay, 80 Mohammad Sultan Road #01-11.

Pictures taken with the Canon EOS 500D.

10 Foodie Comments:

Angeline said...

wow. 5/5! Must really go try it out soon! :D

January 6, 2010 at 3:24 PM
*Harris said...

for choc lovers ah. my friend reminded me that i may be biased because i like choc, and he's right! :)

January 6, 2010 at 3:27 PM
Anonymous said...

OMG i saw your first line and almost fainted. Haha!

April 11, 2010 at 8:37 PM
*Harris said...

Were you at Robertson Quay... but did not make a trip to Laurent? ;)

April 11, 2010 at 8:38 PM
Anonymous said...

Haha! no no.. but i said something similar with regards to epicurious and its burger, and also china and great wall of china. haha.

April 11, 2010 at 8:50 PM
*Harris said...

Yes I saw it, and you forgot La Villa's Fish and Chips ;) See, I remember haha.

Great minds always think alike Charlene!

April 11, 2010 at 8:57 PM
Anonymous said...

Haha! I didnt la! I posted it like one hour ago. Hehe yup! :D

April 11, 2010 at 9:08 PM
*Harris said...

Heh. Hope your presentation and assignments are all done and good to go! :)

April 11, 2010 at 9:09 PM
Unknown said...

nice blog :)

thanks for the info of Laurent Bernard :)

August 4, 2010 at 11:50 AM
Gillion said...

Have you tried dumplings and roast ducks? They are the famous and traditional Beijing dieshes. And also bird's nest soup? Its a delicacy in China.

Enjoy your days~~~

Gillion
www.geocities.jp/hongkong_bird_nest/index_e.htm

September 21, 2010 at 12:06 PM

Post a Comment

 

2009 ·*the simplest aphrodisiac by TNB | Official Singapore Food Blog.